Part-time Estate Planning Paralegal or Legal Assistant (20-25 hours per week)
At Field Law, P.A., we strive to provide unparalleled service to clients, so we’re looking for an experienced and passionate paralegal, or legal assistant, to help us maintain this high standard. As a large part of the Firm’s clientele is faith-based we attempt to model such practices by “being careful how we entertain strangers for some have entertained angels unaware.” As the newest addition to our team, this person will play a pivotal role in managing our estate planning processes, from scheduling client appointments to drafting foundational estate planning documents using our online document creation software. This person will build collaborative working relationships with our lawyers — and earn the trust of our clients. The ideal candidate is organized, diligent, and can work both independently and as part of a team.
We are looking for a skilled Paralegal or Legal Assistant to join our Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate team. The successful candidate will be able to provide assistance with scheduling appointments, client intake, and drafting foundational planning documents, and ultimately help facilitate the signing of such documents.
Prefer a highly qualified paralegal or legal assistant with a thorough command of legal, office, and administrative support functions combined with knowledge of court filings, legal procedures, and legal documents.
Role and Responsibilities
- Managing attorney’s calendar, scheduling client appointments, and assisting with intake.
- Communicate with clients in person, over the phone, via MyCase management system or via email.
- Drafting core estate documents for the attorney’s review (trusts, wills, powers of attorney, healthcare documents) using online document creation software.
- Eventually able to facilitate trust and will signings with clients.
- Filing deeds with Minnesota counties.
- Represent the organization with professionalism and integrity when dealing with clients.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of organizational and client information.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Paralegal or legal assistant training or certification preferred, Bachelor’s Degree in related field also considered
- 2-3 years relevant experience in a law office setting
- Minnesota Notary
- Experience working in a legal environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Word-processing ability of 50–80 words per minute with high degree of accuracy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Enjoys working with people
Flexible hours, hybrid arrangement with some hours from home, some at office (especially for document signings).
If you are interested in this position or have any questions, contact Betty Field at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com